10 of Charlize Theron’s Most Iconic Roles
Aileen Wuornos in Monster (2003): Theron won an Academy Award for her portrayal of a serial killer in Patty Jenkins’ acclaimed biopic.
2. Mavis Gary in Young Adult (2011): Theron earned her fourth Golden Globe nomination for her role as a former prom queen who returns to her hometown in Jason Reitman’s dark comedy karinnews.
3. Meredith Vickers in Prometheus (2012): Theron took on a more villainous role in this sci-fi thriller, playing an android with a hidden agenda.
4. Imperator Furiosa in Mad Max: Fury Road (2015): Theron stole the show in this post-apocalyptic action movie, playing a one-armed warrior who helps free a group of enslaved women minex world.
5. The Evil Queen in Snow White and the Huntsman (2012): Theron went full-on evil in her portrayal of the iconic fairy tale villain.
6. Lorraine Broughton in Atomic Blonde (2017): Theron proved her action-star mettle, playing a glamorous spy in this stylish thriller guexams.com login.
7. Marlo Moreau in Tully (2018): Theron gave an acclaimed performance as a struggling mother of three in this drama from director Jason Reitman sonicomusica.
8. Astrid Leong-Teo in Crazy Rich Asians (2018): Theron was a scene-stealer in this romantic comedy, playing an estranged relative who stirs up trouble for the titular wealthy family.
9. Mimi in Two Days in the Valley (1996): Theron made a splash in her feature-film debut, playing a young woman with a hidden agenda cakhia1.tv.
10. Megyn Kelly in Bombshell (2019): Theron earned her fourth Academy Award nomination for her remarkable portrayal of the Fox News host.
Charlize Theron is an award-winning actress who has enjoyed a successful and varied career in both television and film. Born in South Africa in 1975, she moved to the United States in the early 1990s to pursue a career in acting. Since then, she has established herself as one of the most respected and sought-after actresses in Hollywood. Theron first gained recognition for her portrayal of serial killer Aileen Wuornos in the 2003 film Monster, for which she won an Academy Award for Best Actress 1000gem.net. This role marked a major turning point in her career, as it showed her range and versatility as an actress. She has since gone on to star in a variety of roles, demonstrating her ability to bring depth and complexity to her characters. In 2004, Theron starred in the romantic comedy The Life and Death of Peter Sellers, which earned her a Golden Globe nomination for Best Actress. She followed this up with a series of acclaimed performances in films such as North Country (2005) and In the Valley of Elah (2007). In 2008, she won a Golden Globe and an Academy Award nomination for her performance in the drama The Burning Plain, and in 2009 she was nominated for a Golden Globe for her role in The Road. Theron has also had success in comedy, with roles in films such as Young Adult (2011) and A Million Ways to Die in the West (2014). In 2015, she starred in the action-comedy Mad Max: Fury Road, which was met with critical acclaim. Most recently, she has appeared in the Netflix comedy-drama series The Politician (2019) and the action-thriller The Old Guard (2020). Throughout her career, Theron has consistently demonstrated her commitment to quality roles, and her ability to bring a unique perspective to each character. Her impressive body of work has earned her numerous awards and nominations, including two Academy Awards, one Golden Globe, and three Screen Actors Guild Awards. As Theron continues to develop her career, it is clear that she will remain a highly sought-after actress for many years to come.